Sunday, July 5, 2009

Parentcenter.com and me: A Love/Hate Relationship

I just received my weekly e-mail entitled: "Your Baby - 11th month, 4th week:"

You know how much I love "milestones."

No lie... This was the "It's a Fact" statement for this week:

"If your baby isn't talking yet, be reassured: Experts say many late talkers are very bright -- Albert Einstein was among them."

Wow, thanks Parentcenter. You mean I can relax about the fact that Davis is not TALKING at ELEVEN MONTHS old?!?

Phew, guess I can get back to trying to keep my "late talker" out of the dogfood.


post signature

5 comments:

Steph said...

That's funny! I think that is the first time I have ever heard an 11-month-old classified as a late talker! Wow, even Albert Einstein didn't talk at 11 months, go figure.

Julie said...

Oh, I'm glad I didn't mention my (apparently premature) concern about his lack of verbal skills. I mean I wasn't sure how to bring it up to you, but now I don't have to- phew!!
Craziness!!!

Melissa Beth said...

Well, at least his SIGN LANGUAGE is progressing.

His "sign" for "MORE" is screaming and banging his forehead on his highchair tray.

Suzanne said...

hey woman! (you are adorable, btw). to answer your question--i got sav's outfit at baby gap last summer...so, not sure where you could find one floating around, maybe ebay?

blessings,
suz

Tom H said...

If "many" late talkers are very bright, then many other late talkers must be very dull. That sounds as convincing to me as a newspaper's astrology guide.