Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Four years: Apparently NOT the Ice Age.

We packed lollipops, snacks, blankie, diaper bag, sippy cups, stroller, etc. and headed to see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs this afternoon. I had Hope with me in case I needed to take Davis out.

First, he had made me promise we would NOT go to the 3-D one. I promised it was "just regular" and thought going early in the day would be best. All the way there he chattered nervously about how he was not going to get scared. By the time we were there, he was getting noticeably nervous and fidgety.

He had passed the first theater poster... very timidly...

... but he still seemed up for it. We purchased our tickets and I sent Hope and Jack to find aisle seats while I bought my soda.

Then... we passed the second poster:

I rounded the corner with my soda to find Jack and Hope at the entrance of the theater.

"He won't go in," Hope tells me.

We finally coax him into taking a quick peek in the aisle, holding his hand (...and a $5 soda.)



Jack: "Let's just rent it some time with Daddy."

With that, we got a full refund (except for the $5 soda) and left. He saw (and I am not exaggerating) the first 90 seconds of the movie, standing in the aisle.

So, he is not ready. It is at times like these that I realize how little he still is. He is in no hurry to grow up, and has no interest in pushing his limits when it comes to being scared.

And believe me, that's just fine with me.

post signature

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm glad you got your money back! I was looking forward to taking the girls to this movie, too, until Julie mentioned something about thinking her kids would be scared of the dinosaurs.
The dinosaur aspect really hadn't occurred to me too much, I was just thinking of how cute the Ice Age movies have been. Knowing my kids, they'd wait until we were halfway through the movie and we couldn't get our money back!