Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sometimes you just have to rescue yourself.



No thanks, Jon Wayne. I tried, but you guys treated me like a hot wife instead of a smart cookie. In lieu of blogging the past five days, I have spent a few hours googling different brands of air conditioners (heat pumps to be more exact) while sitting in my own personal 1500 sq-ft sauna.

Between escalated phone calls and third opinions, I have been traipsing my kids all over town to mooch off the coolness of family and friends. Thanks to all who housed us, cooled us, fed us, babysat for us, and brought over SONIC drinks and portable fans while I navigated the HVAC run-around. Oh, and Melody, thanks for helping chase my dog to the next street when the A/C guys accidentally let her loose today. I was so glad to take an unplanned jog at noon in the Texas heat as if I was not hot enough already.

If you don't know the difference between an R-22 unit and a Puron 410 unit... don't understand SEER ratings... don't know about EPA regulations that are changing at the end of 2009... or are unaware of another one of Santa Clause's free gifts, er, I mean, Obama's government rebate...

... just ask this Hot Wife.


post signature

2 comments:

Sharon Griffin said...

Oh no!! I can't imagine being without AC in San Antonio. Today's high here is 86. We've had unusually cool weather. Best of luck to you!

Melody said...

Good side, if there is one- you probably lost a few pounds just sweating!! No problem with Sadie, with the help of two other kindly neighbors, she was easy to find!