Saturday, July 12, 2008

Looks like Monday will be BIRTH DAY!

It looks like our little one will celebrate a July 14th birthday. We are scheduled to deliver the baby via c-section on Monday afternoon, and are super excited and a bit anxious. They offered us the morning slot, but let's be real... arrive at 5:30am?! I sheepishly asked the doctor if there was a later slot. I think that surprised him. He paused and had to go back out of the room to check the schedule again. If he knew me and Jeff, he would have offered the later slot first! Okay, arrive at 10:30am. That's more like it.

So anyway, Julie, our Guest Correspondent, is poised and ready to update the blog when Baby Griffin is born. She will post the details (including his name!) as soon as we call her. She will send an e-mail out when it is first updated.
----------------------
It is strange to know exactly when your baby will be born. It is so different than with Jack Everett, when I thought those contractions would NEVER start and I was just waiting around... day after day... wondering how long we could keep the house that clean.

My thoughts are scattered... my mind going a mile a minute...

So, two more nights with just one baby in the house. That's pretty wild. These tiny outfits will soon be filled. So will the washing machine and the dishwasher... wow... bottles and diapers again... it's a lot to think about. If only I could type as fast as my thoughts are racing.

Before Monday, we still have to prepare and pack Jack's special food items, charge the camcorder, write instructions for the neighbor for feeding the dog, install the infant car seat, finish packing our bags (again), wrap the gift the Baby bought for Jack, get change for the vending machines and parking... the list goes on.

In the meantime, I am relishing each little kick and movement, remembering what a miracle it is that there is a life living inside me. Pregnancy is such an amazing time that can be so easily taken for granted. It is incredibly humbling that God is entrusting another little boy to our care on this Earth until He comes again. It seems like yesterday that we were mourning a little one lost in miscarriage, wondering if we would be able to get become pregnant again. Today, about 16 months later, we are two days away from receiving one of the biggest answers to prayer and confirmations of faith.

It almost seems strange to say, but I am already so proud of this little fellow. Week after week, he has hung in there, carefully resting in God's hands, waiting for the perfect time to enter this world. He may be small, but I know the Lord has big plans for him. As his Mother, I can hardly wait to watch them unfold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I'm am so excited for you and the newest addition to your family. I can't wait to meet Baby Griffin and introduce him to his new friend Baby Rabe. If all goes as planned (right!) Baby Griffin will be about 6 weeks older than little Wade. You must know that you last minute planning and to do's helps me immensely as I prepare for the arrival of mine.
...Looking forward to seeing you and Baby Griffin soon! Love, Lori