Monday, June 9, 2008

Update on Baby Boy

I am 33 weeks along today, and at my last sonogram, it was discovered that the little guy is not growing as quickly as the doctors would like. While his heart rate and vitals are strong otherwise, he is currently in the 8th percentile for weight, approximated at 3 pounds, 5 ounces.

His small size has been attributed to the thyroid problems I have experienced throughout the pregnancy, but his growth slowed dramatically this past month. I received two steroid shots this weekend to boost lung development in case of early delivery, but as long as he grows a little more each week, it will still be best that he stay in the womb.

If not, we may have to consider early delivery via c-section. We are in good spirits, just hoping that he is taking after his Daddy, who was born quite small. We know he is not taking after his 8-pound, 13-ounce big brother!

We will run tests and measurements every Friday, taking it week by week. This weekend was most productive and the nursery and house are starting to look more and more ready for another little one. Jack Everett is getting excited and loves helping me with baby laundry (we'll see how long THAT lasts!) I even bought my first pack of Huggies.

We thank God daily for His perfect creation and know that this baby and our family are firmly in His grip!

No comments: