Friday, June 13, 2008

"Did somebody order womb service?"

I completed the Biophysical Profile (BPP) and Non-stress test (NST) this morning, and my tiny guy was an over-achiever. His scores for oxygen, tone, movement, heart rate, blood flow, etc. were great. His vitals are strong, so he will enjoy "womb service" for at least another week. It was such a relief and answered prayer.

They did not measure his size/growth at this visit. Regardless of his size, as long as his vitals remain strong at each Friday's test, they will keep him inside until July 3rd when he will be measured again. If he has not grown significantly, we will most likely deliver him then.

Here are a couple of pics from today's visit. I had lost a few pounds since last month, and am measuring about 2 1/2 weeks smaller than I should be. I am definitely smaller than I was with Jack Everett, but it is CERTAINLY not due to a lack of eating!



I have received (and not returned) dozens of phone calls in the past few weeks. I feel very loved, but will continue to use the blog to give updates rather than going over things several times. We are also trying to avoid talking about it too much around Jack Everett, who asks a lot of questions about Baby Brother and is starting to realize that his arrival is near.

1 comment:

ren said...

Hooray for good news! Cute pics. Your hair grows so fast!