Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The measure of a Mom

I bought Jack a little blue tape measure the other day, figuring he would enjoy measuring things and practicing his numbers, size comparisons, etc. The tape is just 5 feet and he loves measuring his own body, then writing the numbers on a notepad. Then, he clicks the button and watches the tape whip back to start all over.

He measures his toys, measures his blanket, his shoes, and even the dog...

Today, after I measured around his little thigh, he said, "One day we should buy a real big tape measurer that's as big as the whole sky. Then we can measure YOUR thigh."

5 comments:

cristina said...

LOL!

he's gonna love that you document all this stuff. :)

ren said...

I am dyin' laughing over here!

Leeanne B said...

Okay, I've been reading your blog for weeks and finally had to comment on that one. Your Jack stories are hysterical, and I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping up with you through this blog. Best wishes with this new little one. I've been praying for you.

Your cousin in Natchitoches,
Leeanne Bordelon

Danny said...

OK, that one made me have to comment too. Madeline says the strangest things too. Good thing you have a sense of humor!

Madeline will tell everyone that "My Daddy has a BIG tummy". Nice....

Melody said...

I wonder what he would measure his daddy's thigh with.. you'll have to ask him that one.

Mel