Friday, January 30, 2009

Six months old... what an incredible age.



Okay, so he knows he really wants to crawl, he gets into position, gets this awesome determined look on his lil' face, moves his hips a little as though he wants to scoot... and ... and...



...rolls over. But only in one direction. So, he ends up... more times than not... squished under the couch. He fusses until someone rescues him. Then he starts it all up again. It won't be long before he is OFF to the races!



He smiles pretty much all the time. When he wakes up, he smiles. If he catches your eye, he smiles. If he hears a noise (other than the public potty flush,) he smiles. It's really hard NOT to be happy around this little guy.



He even thinks it's funny NOT to take a bottle. He just bites the edge to prevent any drops from actually getting into his mouth. Then he just laughs at me... I mean, to me.


He is also doing some major teething. He sucks and chews on anything. I didn't realize that this toy bar would actually become his favorite chew bar, but it's just the right consistency I guess. And, it keeps him busy while he waits for me to prepare his food. This is what he eats in for now.

His giggle and cry are very quickly switched on and off, as seen in this video called "Happy, mad, happy" where he demonstrates these tiny mood swings. I can't help but laugh.


"This is the way the ladies ride..." This was Baby Jack's favorite activity too. I have probably repeated these phrases one thousand times. You can hear Jack get excited in the background when I get ready to say, "... the COWBOYS ride..." I love seeing him enjoy his brother having a good time.



Then it was Jack's turn...



I am trying to soak in every precious moment with these boys. It is sometimes so hard for me to remember Jack at this age. I think that is why I love doing this little activity so much with Davis; I just start saying the words and the memories flood back in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just like his grandmother!!
GMM