Saturday, January 10, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR! ...again...

I am slowly but surely catching up on the blog. It's funny how this hobby can become almost stressful when I get behind. I mean, my world would not end if I stopped writing about it... or would it? I am not about to find out.

Our dear friends Darin and Marilyn (with whom we've celebrated the last several New Year's) had a New Year's party at their new high rise on the 21st floor. We looked forward to it for weeks.



We took the boys to Mom's house all fed and in their jammies. Davis wore his first big-boy jammies that read "Chicks Dig Me." I just told Mom, "Try the bottle and I will be on-call to come feed him if I have to." She never called. It was so nice to be out as a couple and not have to worry about the baby.



Left: Celeste and Joey (no kids), Right: Dave and Melissa (no kids)



Left: Darin and Marilyn, Right: Alex and Amity (no kids, no kids)

That's right, we were the only couple with kids, so we found ourselves talking about the boys A LOT. I kept telling myself to stop talking about them, but we couldn't help it. Come to think of it, I even pulled up their pictures on Marilyn's iTouch to show them. Gosh, now I'm kinda embarrassed. Oh well, we're in love with our boys, what can I say?

Four of the girls: Amity, Celeste, me, and Marilyn.



I totally failed to get a picture of how cool the fireworks were from the high rise. Their entire living and dining room are windows, so we could see fireworks all across the city skyline. At midnight, we yelled and cheered out the balcony to the dozens of people also partying on their balconies. It was a lot of fun and I felt really young again.



As we rang in 2009, I couldn't help but think... "only six weeks left of my twenties."

We left at about 12:29 am and went to pick up our babies. Davis had eaten a little over one ounce and was holding out for Mama. I was glad to see that he had missed me as much as I missed him. At 2am, we all finally hit the hay. It was a great way to start what is sure to be a great year.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sounds just like Shelby when I used to leave her somewhere. She would drink a tiny bit while there but never truly took to the bottle in the absence of Mom.
I know what you mean about being behind on the blog- I can't stand knowing I have stuff I need to blog. Unlike many other things, it's not a dreaded thing, more of an anxiety to do it.
Oh you're about to leave your twenties, too! That was kind of sad for me. I still don't feel like I should be thirty!
Looked like a really fun New Year's Eve, too!