Monday, January 12, 2009

How ya like 'DEM apples?

I gave him applesauce again today, just to confirm that it was not his soap, wipey, carpet, etc. and his face reacted again. Not quite as bad, but undeniable. So the plan now is to wait two days and try green beans on Thursday for lunch. I have a call in to the allergist to see how young babies can be allergy tested. We shall see.

In the meantime, Davis is going to HAVE to get used to taking formula... Mama can hardly keep up with his appetite, especially at bedtime. He gets pretty grouchy when the meal stops and he is still hungry.... hmm... being that it is the second week of my diet, I totally know the feeling.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I hate to hear that for you guys and for Davis. It seems like it might be a little easier a second time around since you have been down this road before and still have to watch what Jack eats. I'm sorry- I know it must be disappointing.
Good luck with the bottle and formula! That can be a challenge in itself!

SA Photo Girl said...

Although Samuel isn't as allergic as Jack, I know what you're going through. Samuel reacted to bananas when starting solids. He got a rash that was pretty bad around his torso, so we stopped bananas. Then, he got a rash that wouldn't go away. We went to the dermatologist and got topical and oral meds. Then we found out he was allergic to penecilin (sp?). Finally, our pediatrician did a blood alergy test and it showed he was slightly allergic to beef. We stopped giving him beef and the rash went away. So, there are ways for him to be tested, I'm just not sure at what age they begin the test. I think Samuel was about a year. Good luck with everything!

cristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.