Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kicked off my blogspot.

Well, it appears my little blog has officially hit the big time. No, I have not been nominated for Blog of the Year. I have been served a courteous but firm e-mail cease and desist by the owner of the federal trademark of the term "mamalogues." Yep. My initial reaction was, "What?! It's not even spelled the same! I am not even using my blog for profit! My blog is private - not even searchable! My seven measly followers are not infringing on anyone's intellectual property! I was here first and I am ready to fight to keep my name!"

Then I lurked around her blog, googled her, and read about some cases of other momologgers whom she has successfully e-victed from their sites. Okay, she is for real. Like with most things, I talk a big game, but usually take the path of least resistance. So, I will be re-naming the Momologue. ASAP.

It's only right. After all, she has gone out and done what I have dreamed of doing since I became a Mom - she has found a way to get paid for writing about her day job. In her jammies. She is a successful columnist and writer and even has a radio show - mostly about Motherhood. So, good for her. I would not want to step in the way of a successful Momtrepreneur. Ooh, I should trademark that word.

Anyway, I digress. The name change could be quite sudden, as I have not exactly figured out how I will move my entire blog to the new URL while maintaining the old site for a period of transition.

So, the new name will be... after much deliberation and debate... drumroll please...

ToMakeAShortStoryLong.blogspot.com

So, right now, before you forget: Add this new URL to your favorites and update your blogrolls. One day very soon "themomologue" URL will no longer exist.

I am looking forward to the new name and am working on a new look. I keep hearing that it's a New Day. Apparently it's time for change.

2 comments:

cristina said...

i like it... :)
oh, and i think i have an idea for your look....

Jan said...

Nontheless, you came up with a VERY clever name...and I like the second just as much.