Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas '08, part three!

Our final Christmas stop was in Houston for the Lynch family Christmas at Uncle Bob and Aunt Sandy's house. It was an especially fun trip because we were able to spend time with both of my cousins, Coby and Chad, and because Davis is at such a great age. Everyone had a lot of fun with him.

When reflecting on the trip and what made it so great, I realize the biggest difference is that I did not have to pack a single food item for Jack. Without having to pack special meat, veggies, fruit, ice packs, snacks, juice... our luggage and prep time were cut in half! On top of that, I don't have to pack bottles, water, formula, bottle brushes... this nursing thing DOES have so many benefits!

Aunt Tiffany always has something special for Jack, and this trip was no exception. She brought an awesome game called, "Guess What I Am!" and we laughed so much playing it. You choose a card cutout without looking at your own, and have to guess which animal you are.



You ask YES/NO questions about features, habitat, etc. and cross off animals on your paper until you figure out who you are. After a short explanation, Jack totally got it and could mark his own card with little help. He did have to be reminded just to answer 'yes' or 'no'. Chad would say, "Do I live in the desert?" to which Jack would say, "NO... pelicans don't live in the desert. That's silly!" And one time he said, "I'm not telling you what you are, I am just singing a new song I made up: Crab.. Crab... Crab, Crab, Crab!"...



We had to hold our cards up the entire game, but it fit his little penguin face perfectly.
Thanks, Aunt Tiff - I highly recommend this game!! Apparently college-age kids enjoy it too.



Jack opened his WALL*E movie and helped Davis open his little soft wubby.



I wish my Dad lived closer, but Jack always looks forward to seeing his Pawpaw. Davis enjoyed snuggling him the entire time we opened gifts. I always feel bad that he has a December 22nd birthday because he has to settle for no separate party and some combo Birthday/Christmas gifts. Oh well, there's no one better to share your birthday with than Jesus, huh?



For the VERY FIRST time in his life... Davis got into mischief. That's right; In that one moment, my job got WAY harder. We laid him in the center of the living room and soon found that he had rolled all the way to the Christmas tree and pulled down the gold ribbon. We couldn't believe it.



All that sneakin' around wore him out, so he found the perfect place to fall asleep... his Meemaw's shoulder.

An uneventful Sunday drive ride home marked the end of another great Lynch Family Christmas.

No comments: