Thursday, January 15, 2009

Green Beans are a GO!

No trouble with the green beans last night, and he loved them. He ate the whole little jar, split into two feedings one hour apart. No reaction at all, so we press on... a few more days of nothing but green beans, and we'll try the next one.

Random unrelated note: The next multi-millionaire will be the Mom who invents a solution that dissolves and cleans Play-doh out of the crevices of all the Play-doh toys. Does anyone already know of such a recipe? I want to pour all the Play-doh toys into a bucket of said solution and all the little pieces come out of all the holes, float to the top, and I dry off the toys for next time, all clean. Right now I let them dry up and every time we get them out, the toys are filled with crusty little dried up pieces from the last time. There I am sitting with a toothpick trying to clean them out.

Parenting... it's one thing after another!

7 comments:

mamachristi said...

Couldn't you just throw them in the dishwasher? I haven't tried this, but it might work!!

Melissa Beth said...

Nope. Tried that. It just washes the Play-doh pieces, and then they dry... same problem. *SIGH*

Melody said...

Just have your little OCD son pick them out for you! LOL

Julie said...

Why is it necessary that you get all the crusted on play-doh off again?

Melissa Beth said...

I can't stand it, okay?! Is that so wrong?

Okay, so maybe whoever invents the Play-doh removal solution WON'T become a multi-millionaire, but I would sure buy it. And MY Play-doh toys would be the cleanest on the block.

Anonymous said...

Cant you just soak them in HOT hot water?

SA Photo Girl said...

I asked a friend of mine to ask a friend of hers that has a Ph.D. in Chemistry and she said try to soak them overnight in hot water, dish soap, and a bit of baking soda. That may help loosen the stuff enough so you should only have to swish them around a little and maybe rinse them off under running water. Tell me if it works because I just got Samuel some Play-doh, but he is still too small for the molds and tools. I'll need to know if it works or not.