Thursday, August 28, 2008

Davis meets The Lynch Mob!

Meemaw, Jack Everett and I took Davis on his first road trip to meet the rest of the Lynch family in Houston. Davis was just 4 1/2 weeks old, but was a trooper on the trip. I was a bit nervous about the timing of it all, but Meemaw and Jack were super patient as I successfully breastfed Davis in public in the gift shop at Frank's Diner, in the car at the Shell Station, and on a bench in the restroom at Buccee's Truck Stop. Yes, breastfeeding in public is as glamorous as I remember.

I got to see Trey and Tiffany's new home and the boys and I stayed there for the first time. It was so nice. They have done a ton of work on it and it looks awesome. Every room looks like an HGTV "Reveal." We also got to spend time with Trey's best friend Mike, his wife Cristina (one of my cyber-sisters) and their three precious kiddos. We played a couple of rounds of "Nemo Go Fish." The kids really enjoyed it. I am not sure who had more fun - Big Mike or little Michael. On a side note, we also played "Old Maid." I don't remember this from childhood, but that game takes FOREVER. It is the Monopoly of children's card games. We finally had to just cheat to get it over with. I was proud of Jack Everett. He lost every single game we played, but was a really good sport about it. It was nice to see him maturing.

I can't believe we didn't take a single picture of the kids or the rest of the Lynch family. I was on vacation, and apparently so was my camera. I took like six pictures the whole trip. Totally not like me!

We did experience a new important FIRST while we were there. I have been trying to get Jack Everett to swim with arm floaties all summer and he wouldn't even try them. Well, Aunt Sandy had SPIDERMAN floaties, which apparently did the trick! Here he is swimming with floaties for the first time, in the pool with Aunt Tiffany. It was so much fun to watch him growing up before my eyes.

Aunt Sandy had all kinds of pool toys. Jack kept them lined up quite nicely.

While Aunt Sandy treated Tiffany and me to pedicures, Davis stayed home and snuggled his Meemaw.

The trip was great, but I sure missed Jeff - and his help! Having two kids is SO much more work, especially on the road. We were there three nights, and had like seven bags. For such a relaxing weekend, I sure was tired when I got home.

No comments: