Sunday, May 31, 2009

We love being loved.

Jeff and I joined a Life Group on Friday nights a few months ago. It consists of five couples and their families... that equals 10 adults and 12 kiddos. Yeah, it can get crazy, but it's amazing how well the kids stay quietly in their area to allow us to complete our Bible Study.

Anyway, this Friday we totally forgot that Life Group conflicted with Lacey's graduation banquet at the church. Throughout the evening I remembered several times that we needed to call our leaders to let them know we weren't going to make it to Group. But... I never did. We turned off our phones as soon as the banquet began.

As usual, all day Saturday I didn't listen to my voice mails and Jeff's cell phone was being shipped home from Albuquerque.

Fast forward to this morning. On our way to church we both started listening to our messages. One from Shane. Second one from Shane. One from Jenn getting panicked. One from Christina telling us that if she didn't hear from us, she was coming to our house. I... felt... terrible.

When we arrived at church we realized that the search party was out and our Life Group members came up to us, half-hugging/half-scolding... "We were so worried... we left you so many messages... we knew you were going to be there... we were going to come to your house... then we even saw that you hadn't blogged since THURSDAY!!!"

You know, as bad as we felt, and we felt BAD - I realized... they really really care about us. It is so nice to be loved, and missed, and prayed for. It's just so nice that we are connected and we fit in in a new way at Grace Point. There have been years in our marriage where we have missed several weeks in a row and not one person noticed. We were not a meaningful part of the Church Body.

So, beloved members of our Life Group - yes, this is me grovelling. I am so sorry for our lack of communication. I guess I kinda assumed you'd just figure something came up and not think about little old us again. We are humbled by your love, your concern, and your friendship. Thank you for sharing your lives with us and letting us openly share ours. We love being loved.

Hey, I'll tell you ONE thing... The Griffins will NEVER miss Group without calling again! See you all soon!


post signature

1 comment:

ren said...

Did Jeff ever get his phone? It was supposed to be there Friday by 5pm!