Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sending love to my sistas!

I never had a sister growing up. God has more than made up for it with my three sisters-in-law.

Thank you Melody for letting me be such a big part of the girls' lives. It might just be my one chance at "raising" girls and I have enjoyed loving on them and watching them grow into awesome, honest young women. Thank you for taking such good care of Jack Everett (and little guy, too!) when he's with you. It's so nice that you have his sleeping bag, special snacks, cups, and even carseat on hand. I appreciate that the boys have a "home away from home" where I know they will be loved and taken care of... many times at the drop of a hat. Thanks too for the books on tape that saved our lives on the trip. I really appreciate all the educational books and toys you hand down to us!

Thank you Sharon for helping us through the most difficult days in our marriage. You had the love (and nerve) to speak truth to me even when I did not want to hear it or accept it. You have shown me acceptance and forgiveness. I appreciate that more than I have ever told you. Thank you for sending me the book on being Jeff's "help-meet." I can tell (from the first few pages alone) that it will challenge me, and I look forward to digging in. I have heard amazing things about it from women who have completed the study. Thanks, too, for being an inspirational example of how to raise a son. If my boys turn out anything like Kyle, Jeff and I will honestly burst with pride.

Thank you Tiffany for being so open with me, and for allowing me to share in your life with my big brother. Trey means so much to me and I cannot express how awesome it is to see how happy you make him! You are a gift from God - to him, to me, and to our entire family. I had SO much fun travelling with you and getting to know more about you. I promise... what happens in Albuquerque stays in Albuquerque. heehee. I know you will be an amazing mother and I admire your patience and thanksgiving as you wait for this blessing - however God chooses for it to happen.

Five days on a trip with no internet, television, or cell phone chatting gave me time to reflect on how much I really have. I could write pages on each of you, but wanted to share how I was feeling today.

When counting my blessings, I always count the three of you.

Love you!



post signature

5 comments:

Melody said...

Wow, that was awfully special! Thanks! I feel very lucky to have you as an added sister-in-law that is close. I wish Sharon was much closer so we could do sister therapy or group shopping a lot more often. :^) I also am overjoyed that you don't see me as being "almost the same age as your mom." I like being a friend more than a "mom" figure. Even though we know I have been mistaken as your mom on several shopping trips-what do they know?
Love you too!

Melissa's mom said...

say what??

Sharon Griffin said...

Thanks so much! You brought tears to my eyes! I just love you so much and am very proud of you. You are an awesome mom. It would be so fun to live closer and spend more time together. Greg and I should be able to visit sometime in July. Love you! Sharon (P.S.-- I'm enjoying the book, too. I wish it was easier to implement. Whew!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Melissa! I'm starting my day with tears in my eyes. I was just thinking of how much fun I had with you this weekend on my drive to work. I'm so thankful for you!!

Tiffany

Melissa's mom said...

Oh my gosh, Melissa. I just re-read my previous comment. Please know that it was a knee jerk response to Melody's comment about being mistaken as your mother. I can't imagine anyone would think that - she's so young! It was not a response to your sweet post and in retrospect looks disrespectful to the seriousness of your heartfelt message to your fabulous sistas. Sistas - please take no offense! You are blessings sent from the heart of God.