Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Festivities... a LOT of them...

Okay, so for a holiday that we don't care much about, we sure did celebrate the heck out of it this year. I realized this when I started looking over the pictures from the past couple of weeks. I can already tell this will be a LONG post.

On October 13th, Mom and I took the boys to see Grandmama in Marble Falls and stopped by a Pumpkin Patch on our way out of town. They were closed, but kindly agreed to let us shop around so we had the place to ourselves.



Davis enjoyed the wagon ride and Jack picked out three pumpkins to carve.


The day before Halloween, we went to Mom's office with the kids to show them off. Luckily, Davis' outfit dried green, albeit three different shades. All I know is... he turned out to be one precious turtle! Jack was Ironman. He had agreed to be Batman, using a costume we already had, but Mamaw and Pops surprised him with a Brand New AWESOME Ironman costume when we got home from our road trip. He loved the huge muscles.


Mom also surprised him with an Ironman action figure, then we hit the road to meet Julie and the kids at the pumpkin patch. Happy Turtle, as usual, was along for the ride.


Jack and Alli Jean enjoyed running around the Pumpkin Patch and pretending to be pumpkins. Here they are saying, "Boo!"



Best of friends! Davis is not so sure about this...



There is something about seeing him in the same turtle costume big brother wore. It was the sweetest thing.



It was hard to choose the best pics, so I uploaded them all!



Left: It was worth a try. Right: Mad because I just told him we are NOT buying another pumpkin.



So, we stopped at McDonald's to let the kids play. Hey, a turtle's gotta eat! We have all but mastered the public breastfeeding thing, thanks in part to my awesome Nursing Bonnet. No, this is not paid advertisement, but I just love it. It covers everything, is super soft, and I don't have to be hot. It's the funniest thing... when I put it on Davis' head, he gets all excited and starts smiling. He knows it's time to eat!

The next day, Halloween morning, we headed on the second stretch of our Halloween parade.



First stop: Nana's office. Jack loved seeing Ms. Gracie and the rest of the staff. They remembered seeing Jack come through those halls just four years ago in the same costume.


Next stop: Meemaw's house. She was having a garage sale and enjoyed the unexpected visitors.


Next stop (and always the favorite...) Daddy's work!


Jeff treated Jack to a short clip of Ironman the Movie on the bigscreen. These are the "D-Box" seats that move to the movie. We actually got Darin to hold the baby for a quick picture. I immediately sent the pictures to Marilyn for photo evidence. He doesn't know it yet, but he will make a really great Dad someday.


After naptime, (it was SO hard to get him to nap) we met some friends and neighbors in the front yard for some pre-trick-or-treating photos.
The Davis' on the Left: Jack, Tug, Victor, Austyn, and Will
The Axsoms on the Right: Will, Max holding Davis, Ben, and Jack



Just me and my boys! What precious times. We got so many comments on how cute Davis looked in the Baby Bjorn and Jack started to get a tad bit jealous. He would pipe in, "Did you know I used to wear that turtle costume when I was a baby!?" When it was time to go trick-or-treating, I asked Jack what he was going to say when he rang a doorbell. He said,"I will say, Hello, I am Jack." I didn't realize he truly did not know what trick-or-treating was. I got a little choked up when I saw him getting to do what his friends are doing and having a "normal" experience. He didn't care that we gave away most of the candy. It was all about the fun.



Alli Jean and TJ (Beautiful Ballerina and Bob the Builder) joined us for trick-or-treating. They were a little impatient with us for making them take ONE MORE PICTURE before heading out. Julie and Dwaine convinced TJ that he had to have his hat on to get candy... so, he kept it on the whole time. It was so cute.


Last stop: Aunt Mel's house to hand out candy. Jack was all into it until a couple of teenage scary clowns came to the door. After that, we called it a night. Whew. I am exhausted just thinking about it. We will not likely do all of this next year. It made for a super-long CRAZY day.



And, no, we never got around to carving that pumpkin. Hey, you can't do it all.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Thanks for sharing the pics and your Halloween experience. Love y'all! =)