Friday, November 14, 2008

"...Somebody Bit on the Gray."

Jack listens to a CD each night before going to bed. They range from the Beatles to Eric Clapton to Bible Songs to Bette Midler. Lately he has been requesting a CD containing classic songs and nursery rhymes.

Well, it must have "Camptown Races" on it. (You know, "Oh, de doo-da day...")

Out of the blue the other day, Jack started singing it with his own, um, special lyrics. I would laugh every time he sang it, but could not for the life of me figure out what he was saying. What I do know is that he says the exact same thing every time he sings it.

Finally, tonight I asked him to clarify the lyrics:

"Goin' around all night
Goin' around all day!
I went talk talk on the buck tick say,
Somebody bit on the gray."

Ah, yes... just how I remembered it.

No comments: