Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've got your Opinion RIGHT HERE!

I was referred to Galloway Research, a research/opinion/poll company in town who pays you to participate in surveys, trials, and opinion panels. I have never participated, but have several family members who have... and they seem to make good money for their time and are asked to put forth very little effort.

So, after answering about one million questions about myself over the phone, they let me know they'd be contacting me soon if I match any upcoming research studies. About two days later, they call... I AM A MATCH!!!

My obvious assumption was that I was chosen for a study about the latest fashions, good driving habits or time management. However, much to my surprise, I had been chosen for a panel on...

Pull-ups Disposable Training Pants. Poop. I should have known.

Oh, so there IS a bright side to the fact that I am still buying Pull-ups for my 50-month old. Who knew?

Well, good. Pull-ups, the bain of my existence, will now earn me some profit. I'll take it.

Mary, the kind Galloway phone rep, informed me that the panel consists of two hours in a conference room with other Moms and will pay $110.00. Awesome. She says chipperly, "I will e-mail you directions and some instructions on a small homework project" Say what? A homework project? I figure it can't be much, since the panel was just THREE short days away.

I received the homework assignment Saturday:

CELL C HOMEWORK:

We would like you to make two collages and bring them with you to your scheduled Focus Group:

Please use two 8 ½ BY 11” OR LARGER pieces of paper/oak tag, etc for the collages.

The collages must include pictures, words, etc. from magazines.

1) Think back to when your child (referring to Jack Everett) was a newborn/infant. You told us you purchased your diapers at Target when your child was younger and in a smaller sized diaper.
The FIRST COLLAGE we'd like you to make is one that captures your feelings and emotions in these earlier shopping experiences for diapers at Target for your newborn/infant.

2) Your SECOND COLLAGE should capture your current shopping experience for Training Pants at Target. This collage should reflect your feelings and emotions when purchasing Training Pants. Focus on how your current shopping experience differs from your shopping experience for your baby when he was a newborn/infant.


Please be as creative as possible and THANK YOU!


Okay, the price-per-hour just decreased. By a lot. That is a lot of work.

...more to come on part two... I've got things to cut and glue while the boys are asleep. *sigh*

No comments: