Friday, October 10, 2008

Family in need

We have two young family members whose home was seriously damaged in Hurricane Ike. They attend Texas A&M Galveston, and lost almost everything, including the clothes they left behind after evacuation. When asked for a list of things that will need to be replaced, here is what they sent. If anyone reading this has any of these large items to donate, please let me know by commenting to this post. We can somehow arrange for them to receive them.

  • Recliner
  • Couch
  • Dresser
  • Bed Frame and Slats
  • Computer chair
  • Computer Desk
  • Coffee Table
  • Curtains
  • Computer
  • Car (Ryan's was totaled)
  • Towels
  • Shower Curtains
  • King Size head board and foot board
  • Clothes

Thanks for your generosity!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that computer desk that we want to get rid of. Van says it is not real steady so not sure of giving it if it isn't worth much, but it is better than nothing.

Mel

Anonymous said...

I probably have some towels and maybe even an old shower curtain they could have too.

Mel

Steph said...

Let me see what all we can give and I'll get back to you. I'd love to help out and it wouldn't be too difficult for me to get it to them. Do you happen to know clothes sizes?

Julie said...

Diddo to Steph's question about clothes sizes.
Let me look around. Not sure if I'll be of much help.

Melissa Beth said...

Sorry... they are college-aged men. I imagine clothes are something they lost, but not likely something it would be easy to donate. No kids... Thanks everyone!

Steph said...

Okay- I don't know if they'll want any of this but we have a tan oversized chair (almost loveseat sized), a maroon cloth computer chair, a nice white checkered shower curtain, and probably a few large and extra large shirts that I have bought for Corry and they ended up being a little small for him.
You can e-mail me at s_westinghouse@yahoo.com if that's easier, too.