Friday, October 17, 2008

I've got your Opinion RIGHT HERE! (Part Two)

Continuing from my post a few days ago about my paid research panel on Pull-Ups...

Okay, so I finished my two collages - no lie - fifteen minutes before I left for Galloway Research Wednesday. Here they are:



I gave myself an A- for my efforts.

When I arrived, there was a Mom frantically cutting pictures out of the Glamour Magazine sitting in the waiting area. She even borrowed paper AND tape from the receptionist. Seriously. Turns out she works full-time, has four kids, and is currently potty-training TWO of them. If I had known that, I wouldn't have been so judgmental when I saw her last-minute efforts. I might have helped her cut and paste.

There were four of us on the panel, one with four kids who works full-time, a 21-year-old single Mom who lives with her parents, me, and a Mother of one who works part-time. It was a great mix. If you get a group of Moms together and start talking about baby products or potty training, we could talk for hours - for FREE.

After we signed a strict agreement not to share anything we discussed in front of the one-way mirror into the microphones... we talked about every possible aspect of shopping for training pants at Target. It was really interesting.

The funniest part was the tone of voice of the 60-year-old researcher who OBVIOUSLY trained HER kids without Pull-Ups. Here we are, all in our twenties, talking about them as though they are necessities and that we'd never be able to potty-train without them. The not-so-funny part was how she kept saying things like, "Okay, Melissa... so... THIRTEEN months ago... when you first STARTED potty-training..." Helloooo....Did she have to rub it in? She'd also ask, "So, your son is FIFTY months old..." FIFTY months... wow. I stopped referring to his age in months about twenty-six months ago.

Anyway, it was really fun, and we all actually hugged at the end. Potty-training Moms have a bond, like POWs. As we left, we each received $110.00 CASH. Even the Mom who didn't do her homework. I wanted to give her $10 of mine.

When she got her money, she said, "Awesome, I am going to spend it on clothes!"

I replied, "I am going to spend it on Pull-ups."

No comments: