Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Remembering Our Baby


"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born, I consecrated you."
Jeremiah 1:5


Today, October 15th, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

I think about my little one a lot, especially when I see Moms with three children. Or when I see little girls. It's strange when someone asks about my pregnancies... I don't want to be weird and talk about three pregnancies, but it's kinda sad to act like my second pregnancy never happened. I sometimes think about if I had not had my miscarriage... would I have Davis? Probably not. These thoughts flood my head, especially today. I listened today to two candidates debate about partial-birth abortion and born-alive infants. Why today? To think that these precious babies have become a political "issue."

It's so weird to miss someone you've never met...but I do. Time has healed, but I still think of our little one that is in our Savior's arms. He (or she) was fearfully and wonderfully made. I am his mother, and always will be. God's plan was for this baby to be alive on this Earth for 10 weeks in my womb, and today I remember that and I thank Him for it.

4 comments:

Melissa's mom said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

I think of that little precious life often also, and know that he or she is SO safe in Jesus' arms. One day we'll get to meet that precious little one.

Nana

ren said...

Yes, my little darling would have been 15 months old by now. Maybe our babies are playing together in heaven. It will be wonderful to meet them someday!

Anonymous said...

i can definately relate. i have a hard time at MOPS meetings being one of only a few with 1 child and i always feel a sense of awkwardness when someone asks how many children i have....as if the little angel should be included also ( i have one, but...). i don't say this of course, but you don't forget and you never stop wondering "what if?"

brandi