Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"While you were out..."

I wanted to take a picture of Davis' first day of "school" but when I got there I realized I had forgotten my camera. Naturally.

When I went to pick him up that evening I was disappointed but had resigned myself to taking a "second day" picture and pretending it was taken on his first day. As I buckled him in to leave, the Daycare Director came outside, "Mrs. Griffin, you left your camera here this morning!" and I chunked it inside the van.

Oh well.

So, when I got home, I looked on the camera and found this:



Turns out, when his teacher found the camera, she snapped this single shot for me. I just started sobbing. (Again.)

It has been a really hard few days. It's the end of a very sweet era with Davers.

It feels a lot like when I go to get another cookie and suddenly realize I have just scarfed down the last one. If I had only REALIZED it was my very last cookie, I would have slowed down and savored every single bite.


post signature

7 comments:

SA Photo Girl said...

Someone once said that you have to experience the sour to appreciate the sweet. That's all this is. It ain't easy, but it will all turn out okay in the end. I hope your next week is a little easier and better.

Steph said...

It does get easier and what I have found is that TGIF really has meaning again!! I always looked forward to the weekends b/c Corry would be off but now I REALLY look forward to the weekends and getting to spends all weekend with the kids.

Ann said...

That's so wonderful that you have that picture. So nice of them.

Emily said...

Have another cookie...

Melody said...

Look at little Daivs...putting the toys away! Ha ha ha!! He is learning something!

Leeanne B said...

I've thought of you all week.

Dana Biersdorfer said...

It's not really nice to make a pregnant lady cry at work (that's when I check out your blog). I'm SO GLAD that the teacher did that for you! How wonderful!