Monday, October 12, 2009

Mirror, mirror...

I thought it was so interesting how he did this assignment. Not only did he write from right to left... he made the letters backwards too. He explained, "Oh, I thought the letters were supposed to start from the picture."

(click to enlarge)

It's fascinating to me how his brain works. I am also impressed by how quickly he's picking up on the phonetic spelling. It's much easier to let him do it if I am not sitting with him. I find it hard to resist the urge to remind, prompt, or sound out for him... I also love how he spells "Mrs. Brockman."

I wonder if I would like being a Kindergarten teacher... is it this cute and fascinating when it's NOT my kid???


post signature

3 comments:

Melody said...

That is VERY interesting. Just that he can "see" the letters backwards in his mind and write them "on purpose" like that is amazing to me. I printed it and am showing some of my fellow kinder and GT teachers to see what they think of that.

Melissa Beth said...

Let me know what they say. I let him turn it in this way just to see what "Mis Brocmin" has to say. Never a dull moment in her class, I imagine.

Tom H said...

I just find this astonishing! Perfect logic expressed perfectly. Incredible!