Monday, October 5, 2009

Swept Away.

It was finally time to tame the sweet Blonde Baby mullet, so I took Davis Jarrell in to get his first haircut.

Jack Everett was so excited to show little Brother the ropes... After all, he was an old pro...

August 22, 2005 *************************************************** August 20, 2009




Back of hair, at home before heading out.



Playing at the same train set. And I do mean the EXACT SAME train set...



In the same car... only by the time the kiddo got in who actually NEEDS them, the straps were nowhere to be found.



The spray-down.



Jack was as still as a mouse, while Davis entertained everyone with his signature nose-scrunching facial expressions.



I still can't believe how different they look from one another!



Davis started to get silly near the end... Jack, still the perfect customer.

The Secret weapon? For both of them, this was their first exposure to cartoons... (as well as their first and last exposure to Barney.)


All done! My two handsome sons.


"So Mom, when can I get down from here and why are you all teary-eyed and seriously, how many pictures are you going to take?"



We let one of them hold his "My First Haircut" certificate and lock of hair.



It doesn't seem like four years ago that we had our FIRST first little boy haircut. It sounds so cliche to say that time flies, but it could not be more true. It's hard to imagine that this could be the last time we take one of our children in for a FIRST haircut. For now, it's even harder to imagine doing it all again.

In the meantime, I am intentional to soak up every minute, every memory, and every milestone as if it's the last. I got choked up as I watched the rest of his soft baby blonde locks get swept away into the dustpan.

I entered the salon with a baby, but left with a little boy.

It happens just like that.


post signature

4 comments:

Steph said...

His new haircut is so handsome- and the first haircut is always bittersweet! We went to Cool Cuts for both girl's first haircuts, too. That's the only time we ever go there- for the first cut! It's usually whoever looks the least busy in our mall now!
Your boys do look so different. I am always amazed my girls look so different, too. I just expected them to look more alike!

Julie said...

Love all the side by side comparisons of the lil guys! You're right- they are both so adorable, but definitely very different (in appearance and personality)!
That's the same train set that's in the new pedi's office and let me tell you- TJ LOVES it!

SA Photo Girl said...

Melissa,

May I scrapbook these photos for you? They are just too cute. I am SO impressed that you have the exact same photos of both boys for this milestone. How cool is that? Seriously, if you let me, I'd love to create a "First Haircut" mini scrapbook for you. I will just need the pictures.

Karissa said...

Ok so I totally used to think that ur boys looked nothing alike until I saw this blog!! they look SOOO much alike - it is crazy!!!!! they are so cute!!!