Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Say what?!"

Jack Everett is constantly cracking us up (or wearing us down) with his phrases, questions, games, etc. I try to remember them all, but have found time to jot some down lately... Here are some gems...
-------------------------
Jack: "Daddy, let's play the animal guessing game!"
Daddy: "Okay!"
J: "What animal does NOT have a long pink tail and does NOT have reawwy sharp teeth?"
D: "Um, that's a really hard one. It could be a lot of things!"
J, with hardly a pause: "No. It's a mole."
-------------------------
Jack: "Look, Momma! I ate all my carrots and all my turkey and all my applesauce!"
Momma: "You're a good eater!"
J: "If I keep eating this much, my tummy is going to GIANT UP like yours!"
M (under her breath.): "Thanks a lot."
-------------------------
Jack (mad about who-knows-what):
"You are not my friend!"
"Daddy is not my friend!"
"Sadie is not my friend!"
"The baby is still a little bit my friend."
(Awww, how, um... sweet....)
-------------------------
"Momma, why is your car making that AWFUL sound?"
Momma: "Well, it's getting old."
Jack: "It sounds yucky. Daddy's car never gets old."
-------------------------
Momma: "Guess what, we are going to meet Mommy's friend Miss Laura."
Jack: "The REAL Miss Laura, with Baby Jake and Grant?"
M: "No, this is a new Miss Laura, with blonde hair."
J: "What color is blonde?"
M (realizing he knows VERY FEW blonde people): "It's like yellow."
J: "Oh, like the grass when God doesn't send enough rain?"
M: "Exactly."
-------------------------
Jack: "Momma, girls have boobs and boys don't have boobs."
M: (gasp!) "Jack, that's right, but we don't really use the word boobs. We try not to talk about our private body parts."
J: "Momma, the Pink Power Ranger has boobs, but the other Power Rangers don't have boobs."
M: "When do we get to watch Power Rangers?"
J: "When I am nine years old."
M: "That's right."
-------------------------
While I was apparently taking too long to get ready, Jack started to get impatient. He comes into my room, backpack on, sunglasses on and says. "How's it coming?" I looked at him... "What?" He repeated, all exasperated, "Getting dressed. How's it coming?" (Knowing exactly where he got this) said, "I will be ready in just a minute." He sulked his shoulders and dragged his backpack back down the hallway and said, "Stupendous."

1 comment:

ren said...

I love the Giant up and stupendous comments, oh man. I can't wait until Sam can say crazy things to make me laugh!