Saturday, September 22, 2007

Trouble on three wheels

Sarah called one weeknight to invite Jack to come out and ride bikes with all the neighborhood kiddos. She said that all of the kids were out and were riding their bikes wearing silly hats. By the time I got Jack Everett changed out of his nice clothes, covered in bug spray, and he finally decided on the perfect hat and the most comfortable shoes (that matched), it was dark out, the other kids were tired of wearing hats, and everyone was all sweaty and ready to head back inside. *sigh

Don't worry... I did have just enough time to snap a few pics (of course!)

Riding the big wheel with his Army hat Mommy found at a garage sale.

"Mom, you told me they'd ALL be wearing hats. Now I look like a dork."

Noah (2) and Jack (3)

Coasting downhill on the way home.*

* OK, I am fully aware that he should totally have a helmet on. I hesitated to even post these pics for fear of the disapproval of other Mommies. But, after some thought, I decided I'd post them so I can continue to be that Mommy that helps other Mommies feel better about their parenting. Think to yourselves, "OK, now I don't feel so bad. Melissa forgets the helmet too." **

** Jeff, I do promise I will not forget it next time.***

*** Yes, I do realize it is a serious safety issue and am not making light of it.

-----
To see the rest of the biker dude photos: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=s5k5l03.3wp8tanr&Uy=hjy3z7&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=482919824647_270663916207

1 comment:

Julie said...

Dare I admit- Alli doesn't even have a helmet for her bike. Now who's making the other mommies feel better?