Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sharing is not for everyone.

We're still working on the sharing thing. I told his pre-school teacher at church that we are outsourcing "sharing" to her. From the look on her face, I don't think she had ever heard another parent describe it quite like that. Then again, I am sure she'll never again encounter a set of parents quite like us.

Jack makes sure he does not accidentally share one of his cars with his little friend Bryce Douglas, who just turned nine months old.

He doesn't even like to share camera time. While trying to take pictures of Bryce in his blue chair, Prince Jack quickly pulls up his little stool to make sure he's in the pics! Bryce looks over at him as if to say, "Um, do you mind?"

Bryce, or as Jack Everett calls him, "Baby Bice"

Bryce's mom, my friend Elizabeth, was so excited that he had started crawling so she dressed him all up and drove him over to show me. It was funny, she put him down on my carpet only to realize that his adorable new outfit was way too big on him. His legs and knees got all caught up in it and he could hardly move. We laughed as he was all tangled in his outfit - great for photos, not so great for crawling!

This wardrobe malfunction caused a little hitch in his giddy-up.

Sure enough though, we was movin' and groovin'.

They really do grow SO quickly. I can hardly remember when Jack was this age. I enjoy having Bryce over because while he visits I imagine our house with two boys, imagine Jack as a big (slightly jealous) brother, and I get excited about what the future of our family will look like.

No comments: