Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mother's Day with Shamu!

So I guess I had better finally blog about our Mother's Day festivities. I used my "Queen for a Day" status and totally got my money's worth. I dragged... I mean, invited Jeff to a full summer day out at Sea World. Jack, Davis and I have been several times, but Jeff has never been able to join us.



Davis and I enjoyed watching them on the Shamu Express, Jack's favorite roller coaster.



And, because it was a "Special Day" we even paid the $5.00 to feed the seals, a first for Jack. He wasn't a fan of the stink or the messy fingers, but he loved finally getting to feed the hungry, barking sea lions.



Another huge treat - feeding and petting the dolphins. I absolutely love this part of Sea World. They were extremely friendly with us on this particular day and we all got to pet several of them during our short visit. (Then, straight for the hand sanitizer.)



Oh my goodness... it was SO incredibly H-O-T! The water park had not opened yet so we had to grin and bear the South Texas heat. Trying to find shade at Sea World is very hard, and the entire walking path is black asphalt... not to mention how hot it is trying to nurse a baby in the metal grand stand at the Beluga Whale show. Davis stayed hydrated with his little water cup, and got some rest, too. He was a little trooper the entire day (we were there from 10am to 4pm.)



Left: Here I am holding a big yellow snake with Jack. Once again, his new-found bravery surprised us. We were too cheap to buy the Sea World picture, but Jeff snapped one from the hallway. Right: Me and my boys stopping for some shade!

I spent much of the day amazed at how big Jack is getting and excited about Davis seeing a few more wonders of the world for the very first time. It was a memorable Mother's Day for sure.

post signature

No comments: