Friday, June 26, 2009

Fine Dining for Father's Day

Our Mother's/Father's Day rule is that the parent being honored gets to choose the agenda ALL DAY LONG. He or she gets to sleep in (or not), choose the menu (or restaurant), the movie (or theme park), etc. Inevitably, we choose to spend the day enjoying time with our kids doing something special for THEM. Last year for Father's Day we took Jack (and Davis sort of) to the San Antonio Zoo. This year, it was Chuck E. Cheese. That's right... bad pizza, annoying music, germy games... a recipe for a really fun time together! We actually had a great time.

Davis LOVED it! We are not shocked that he wasn't afraid of ANYTHING. He was all over the place.



His first slide. And no surprise, he conquers it HIS WAY and then lets out one of his signature victory shrieks at the end. I can't believe he is eleven months old already!



He and Stuart Little have the same facial expression in this picture. And no, we don't buckle him in. I know, even I am a little shocked.



Left: This picture almost makes me cry. Right: I can't believe how far we've come that Jack will get in front of the entire restaurant on four huge big screens and act silly. Maybe he'll take after me after all.



Davis and I took on Jeff and Jack in some Police Emergency race car action. They won every time... while Davis slammed his hands on my steering wheel and I took pictures...



In their Father's Day shirts before we left. Davis holds a light saber while Jack tries to turn his head toward the camera.



Happy Father's Day, Jeff! These boys are extremely lucky and so am I!



post signature

1 comment:

Melody said...

Davis and Stuart Little are even dressed the same to match their cute smiles!