Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mother of the Year!

I am quick to post things that Jack says that make me proud, or paint me in a favorable light. There are other times... many many other times... when he says things that make me, well, less than proud. I figure it's important to record those too.

Here are a few recent gems:

Jack got up from his nap one afternoon and could barely open his eyes. A few moments after dragging himself to the potty, he came racing around the corner proclaiming, "Momma! Did you buy me a brand new shiny drain?" Wow, had it really been that long since I had cleaned his sink?

I was in the driveway chatting with my neighbor, Trudy, when Jack interrupted, "Look Momma, there's a roly poly on the sidewalk JUST like the ones in our kitchen!" Great. I am sure Miss Trudy thinks my floors are absolutely disgusting.

After nursing Davis one afternoon, I was startled when I felt a gentle tap on my knee. "Momma, you're snoring so much I can't hear my movie." That's just wrong... for a couple of reasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!
The sink one cracks me up the most. He would say the same thing to me shortly after I occassionally (OK RARELY) dust, "Did you get me a new shiny bookcase... and TV... and armoire... and... and..."
-Sandra