Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Am I the ONLY one!?" (Part 1)

Seriously, I want you all to comment on this one...

Am I the only one who has driven off with the tube from the bank drive-thru?

I have done it at least a half a dozen times. I get half-way home and see it sitting in my passenger seat. I have to turn around and take it back to USAA. Before I had kids, I would walk it in to the lobby and give it to the receptionist. She was always kind, but never said anything like, "Don't worry, it happens all the time!" Since I had kids, I go back through the drive-thru to return it. I actually sit in the line again. I apologize, sending it back up the tube carrier to the teller. Every time it has happened, I think of the person who drives up after me and there's no tube.

I have told a few friends this, and not a single one has said, "Oh, I have done that too."

So, I am asking you all... Am I the ONLY one?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my mother did that one time.
GGMM

Anonymous said...

Sorry, haven't done it. However, I have not been thru the drive-thru in a couple years, if that helps.

Anonymous said...

Well...I "NEARLY" did it once.

Anonymous said...

Have not done that, but have backed up to get a deposit slip and KNOCKED my side mirror totally off! That is really what I call stupid! To the tune of $300! I'd rather drive off with the tube any day.
Aunt Mel

Julie said...

Looks like you are the only one :-)

Anonymous said...

You may be the only one you know, but you're not the only one. I've read several stories about it on the WaMu blog. =)

Steph said...

Nope, never done it. It really sounds like something I would do, though! I've rarely gone through a drive-thru in the past 7-8 years.

Melissa's mom said...

OKAY! I'VE DONE IT! So there, it's out. Not too surprising to the blog readers, I bet. What's so bad is that I WORKED there. I took it back to work the next day and had to fess up. But...I'VE only done it ONCE.