Sunday, April 6, 2008

This shouldn't be so hard.

Well, tonight technology gets the better of me again.

Does anyone know how to get a counter onto their website to track visitors? I added the "click counter" to the left column (as though blogging wasn't narcissistic enough...) to see how many people had visited the blog. Not WHO visits, just how many - out of curiosity.

Well, when I added the HTML coding into my layout, the little counter went from ZERO to ONE. I hit SAVE, and the count went to TWO. I still didn't like where it was on the screen, so I moved it down a little. The count went to THREE. So, I finally got the counter to look like I like, and where I like, the size I like and the count shows EIGHT. I have a feeling when I post this, it will go to NINE.

Can anyone tell me how to add a "hit counter" to my site that will only track UNIQUE hits, or that will NOT track hits created by me, the composer/owner of the site?

All I know, is that what I installed tonight is simply a tool to mock me... counting how many clicks it takes me to complete a simple task on my website.

TEN, apparently.

No comments: