Monday, April 7, 2008

Green, green grass.

Some of my bloodwork has come back with some slight concern, and rest is a remedy, so I have returned to part-time. I enjoyed being able to help the HR team at work full-time while the company underwent an acquisition, but being back to part-time feels great.

My respect level for Moms of preschoolers who do it day in and day out has once again skyrocketed. The house was a mess, I was exhausted, and Jack was starting to act out at school, begging for attention. He was very clingy on the weekends and in the evenings wanted our undivided attention.

Anyway, the grass is ALWAYS greener, so it is important to remember what it feels like. As stay-at-home Moms, we often envy the "excitement" of working, the money, the adult conversation, etc... but in the thick of it, I would often sit at the office wishing I was at storytime with Jack.

So, Tuesday was my first day off and we went to Story Time at our new library. In true Melissa style, I had the time wrong, so we got there for baby lap-sit story time, not Toddler Story Time. We met Julie there with her two kiddos, who also got the time wrong. Julie stayed in there with T.J. while I accompanied Jack and Alli Jean to find new books for the week.

Jack picks "Veronica the Hippopotamus." This library is around the corner from our house, less than one mile away! We love it.

Jack and Alli Jean each pick out a story. They feel so big.

Look who's back! It's T.J.!

It's not long (about 25 minutes) before Jack is being a bad influence climbing on the couch and little T.J. is not far behind. We left right after I took this picture.

The day was really great, and I got so much accomplished. Not once was I wishing I was in a Staff Meeting. I was happy not to be wearing make-up. Best of all, I didn't have to engage in any "adult conversation."
The grass really is pretty green over here.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for not placing the blame on me for us showing up to the wrong story time even though it was totally my fault! Me and TJ so did not fit in at infant lap sit, but that's OK!
And you're right, TJ definitely would not have been climbing on the couch if it weren't for Jack being a bad influence- Ha! that's funny!
Hope there are many more story times in our future where Jack and Alli actually get to participate in story time together- they're gonna love it!

ren said...

Library time has been the highlight of Sam's week for a while now. I can't wait until the feedings go down and we can actually go again. It's amazing how fast 3 hours go by, I had forgotten! I figured it out that I feed children 9 times a day now! Crazy. :)