Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bathtime at Alli Jean's House!

Miss Julie babysat Jack Everett for me Tuesday morning and, as usual, they had an absolute blast. They have a huge open backyard and playground set with sandbox, not to mention Alli Jean's Mom is much more open to sidewalk chalk than his Mommy is. Admittedly, I am not nearly as laid back as she is about any of the aforementioned mess-makers. Thank Goodness for playdates at HER house!

Jack gets so excited when playing in Alli Jean's back yard that he often has accidents. Well, this time he had TWO - one AT THE TOP of the twisty slide, and one IN the sandbox. When I showed up, Jack is in his second change of clothes, filthy and sticky from head to toenails. Needless to say, I was relieved when Miss Julie offered them baths before we left.


Jack Everett, Alli Jean, and little bro T.J.

Jack and Alli in sandy bathwater.

As Julie calls it, the "afterbath."

"Ribbit, ribbit."

Playdates are great for so many reasons. Well, this one was actually babysitting, but I learned something valuable at this one. When Julie gives her kids a bath, she rinses them with a big ol' 8-cup measuring bowl with a handle. They are completely rinsed off in two dumps of the bowl! We use a tiny blue drinking tumbler, which takes like twenty pours before the soap is out of his hair. Thanks for the tip Jules!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.