Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Davis' crawling has taught me in just one week:

  • I need to vacuum way more often.
  • Our side table is too rickety and top heavy.
  • The dog toy is absolutely disgusting.
  • The space between the treadmill and the back of the couch is just wide enough for a baby's head and shoulders, but not his belly.
  • The transition line between the carpet and tile hurts a baby's hand.
  • The tile is too cold on bare baby knees and too hard on baby chins.
  • Jack does not appreciate chewed up puzzle pieces.
  • Jack does not appreciate wrinkled pages of books.
  • Jack does not appreciate when his blankets get "slobbered."
  • Sadie needs to drink her water right away or it will get spilled.
  • Jack does not appreciate wet socks from dog water.
  • Jack is used to getting his way all the time.
  • The archway in our kitchen is way too wide for a baby gate.
  • It's quite embarrassing when someone picks up the baby off the carpet and he has a wad of my hair in his fingers. [I know, gross. But true. Like I said, I need to vacuum more often.]
  • It's time to get out the Pack N' Play.

1 comment:

ren said...

I can sooo relate. Sam does not appreciate all the same things either, even though Noah doesn't get anywhere fast. And now we're in the "learning to share" phase too. It really tires me out by the end of the day! I always relate crawling to "time to house proof the baby!" time. Here we go....