Thursday, March 26, 2009

Virtual Art Gallery

What do you do with all the unique beautiful toddler art? Throw it away? Frame it? Clutter the fridge? Keep it around all over the house?



So I date and keep much of his art... the REALLY special ones. But what do you do when your collection contains two dozen dinosaur posters that are EACH 18" by 24" and your little Van Gogh gasps upon the mere mention of recycling these huge masterpieces?








{This is one of my faves. He tried three times to write his and Davis' names... but just couldn't figure out how to fit them on there. He eventually just gave up.}

Well, I finally figured out what to do with all of them: That's right... check your mailboxes. Haven't received one yet? Just wait. Or comment and make requests... we have macaroni, foam stickers, hole punches... glitter... tissue paper... cotton balls... If you prefer sticky and messy, we have that too. If you are more of the tacky, gawdy type, we've got you covered. Have you received one without requesting it? (Julie, Heather...) Sorry, no returns!

{On a side note: Once I take a picture of a piece of art, he is totally fine with me throwing it away. If he ever wants to click on them on the computer, voila! For now, this satisfies both of us.}

post signature

3 comments:

Julie said...

Those 2 red dinosaurs in the bottom left corner look awfully familiar.
Ahhh yes- that's because they are posted on my fridge. Alli is now proudly displaying artwork from friends as well.
As if her's and TJ's was not cluttering the fridge door enough.
Thanks for thinking of us :-)

Rhonda said...

Yea!! I got one! It's hanging in my office at school next to my Jack birthday card!

Thank you, Jack (and Davis, and mom) for thinking of ME!

Anonymous said...

I got mine and I love them! They are prominently posted on my fridge, which Jack has already noticed. On Saturday I asked him if he'd seen the pictures, and he promptly replied, "Yes, Nana -- of course I already saw them." Oh well, what can you say to a "sensitive" artist?
NANA