Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Matter of Importance


{Overheard in my house this afternoon.}


"Jack, it's rest time. Do NOT come out until the big hand is on the six unless you have to use the potty. DO you understand me?"

"Yes ma'am."

{Fast forward, oh, about eleven minutes.}

"Momma, I need to ask you something."

"If you do not have to potty, get back in your room. You can ask me when rest time is over."

"Momma, can I pleeease just ask you this one thing?"

"Jack, this better be SUPER important. If not, you get back in your room."

"Well, it's just kinda important."

"What is it?"

"How many days would it take for an ant to climb to the top of a cliff?"

"Jack Everett! I don't know. That was NOT important!"

"It's not important to Mommies, but it's important to ants."

post signature

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

WRITE A BOOK. Melissa, WRITE A BOOK. Oh my goodness. WRITE A BOOK!!

You've got one smart kiddo there. :o)

Steph said...

That is hilarious! He has a very valid point!

Melody said...

He is so funny and such a deep thinker!

Zak and Katrina said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!!! It was almost like a funny joke with a great punchline. You should send that in to Reader's Digest and get paid $100 for your stories.