Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Five months old. Already.


In the midst of all the Holiday hub-bub, little Davie (no, we don't call him that and you can't either) turned FIVE months old! I told him he is not allowed to grow up, but he is totally ignoring me. Here is the regularly scheduled monthly plaster o' pics...



We had a good friend come over to take pictures of the boys for Christmas. No, you can't have her name. She's mine.



She captured little Davis' many different facial expressions. His emerging personality is somethin' else!



He is an incredibly agreeable kiddo, essentially at his brother's mercy most of the time. Until he is mobile, he has no choice. His facial expressions on the right probably sum up how he feels about it. Jack always wants to roll onto his back while holding Davis on his tummy. He is really careful, but we prefer that he not do this for obvious reasons. Well, a couple of days ago Davis helped us teach Jack why this is a bad idea: He spit up all over Jack's face, totally grossing him out and totally cracking us up. That was the end of that.



So, the monthly bear pictures are becoming more challenging now that the little worm likes to wiggle. It's becoming a two-person job. Here are a few of the outtakes.



Had to post the pic on the left to remain consistent with perspective, but we loved his sweet grin on the right. His snowman outfit is a bit short, but Mommy insists on getting a lot of wear out of the holiday clothes.

This little boy is bringing us so much joy. We realize how blessed we are that he is such a good-natured baby and he really completes our family. Several have asked: We are postponing the cereal thing until six months old. I was so anxious to feed Jack baby food and it took no time to realize it's a huge messy hassle, so we will push it off just a bit this time. Plus, I know my days nursing Davis are numbered, so I am enjoying the experience while I can. Davis is rolling over from back to front but gets a wee bit ticked off once he gets there. His brother has been trained on rolling him back over, but if Davis does it too many times in a row, Big Brother gets a little ticked himself.



Last and certainly not least, Jeff was able to capture Davis in action in the Jumperoo, which we have re-named the Sleeperoo. He took this video while watching the Spurs game tonight. I just had to download as soon as I saw it. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Steph said...

That video is hilarious! You weren't joking about that thing putting him to sleep!
I love all the pics and am enjoying watching little Davis grow. If I ever have another baby, I'm stealing the bear idea!

Melissa Beth said...

Go for it, Steph... I stole it from someone else!

Julie said...

The difference between the 4mo and 5mo pics is pretty impressive! The boy is beefing up- who needs rice cereal :-)
Such a cutie!!

cristina said...

nothing says good-will-towards-men like, "no, you can't have her name. she's mine." :)

Anonymous said...

I laughed until I cried when I saw him jumping and then falling asleep -- as if on cue! Adorable, adorable Baby! How I love him!

Nana

Steph said...

Ha ha, I forget about my music, too! It is startling with that shout out in the beginning. I might have to see if I can find one without that...although I'm almost used to it now!

SA Photo Girl said...

You're blog is just so adorable and entertaining! The video is the cutest thing! How's Batty?