Sunday, March 16, 2008

Arteest.

Jack colors and draws pictures pretty much every night, usually with crayons and blank paper. Lately, I have been allowing him to use markers as it's easier for him to form letters with the marker tips. He is mostly supervised, but we know it's in his OCD personality to return the caps on the markers and that he naturally keeps things pretty neat.

So, I walked away from our little art session with him neatly practicing his name, "Jack G." Awww, what a nice, clean workspace.

When I came back to check on the curiously quiet Picasso, he had progressed to tracing his hand with the blue marker.

and then coloring in the entire hand... dragging his hands and forearm over the wet ink. Hey, where's the green cap?

So, I grabbed the camera - partly because he was so proud and was having such a blast, and partly to prove that I do let him get messy every once in a while. Okay, so maybe I didn't exactly "let" him initially... but at least I didn't freak. The blue dot on the forehead completes the look.

Yes, there was blue marker on his neck, too.
"Okay, STRAIGHT to the bathroom... Jack Everett, Don't... touch... ANYTHING!"


He loved the "blue suds."

1 comment:

Julie said...

So glad to see Jack getting a little messy and enjoying it! That's what they make washable markers for, right?
I can't tell you how many times my kids (yes, even little TJ) have marked themselves. And, I don't even have washable markers yet. I like to live dangerously :-)
I'm thinking washable markers and crayons may be making it into their easter baskets, though.
Loving the artist in Jack- that's awesome!