Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I wanna be a Billionaire..."

My boss decided to leave Methodist this week and Friday was her last day. When she made the announcement, we sat there as a team... 10 recruiters, all women... and we cried as she described how the pace of the job has taken a huge toll on her and her two boys. We cried because we have watched it happen for this past year - to her, and to ourselves. She's the hardest working person I have ever met, and burned the candle at both ends. It was clear she had trouble turning it off, which made it difficult for us to turn it off too.

As she worked out her notice, I was proud of her decision to stand up for what's best for her family, but couldn't help but stress about what this would mean for my part-time role and MY family.

Davis continues to receive frustrated reports from his teachers, and Jack continues to share stories with me like, "Hey Mom, do you know the song "Billionaire?" I listen to it on Jared's iPod at daycare!" ... that make me cringe and feel like I am really compromising my standard of care for them.

I trust that God will work out the details, and the new preliminary plan is for me to begin a revised part-time role in November. In the meantime, I have to dig deep and continue to prove that I am valuable to the team, and that this part-time position will benefit Methodist Recruitment efforts.

For now, it's a matter of patience.


post signature

No comments: