Sunday, October 10, 2010

"31" is my new lucky number!

Well, I have a LOT to catch up on, but it is time to officially announce my newest business venture!

I am excited to announce that, as of October 8th, I am a "Thirty-One" Consultant!

What's that? Well, here's the short version of the story: I saw on Facebook that our College Minister's wife (and Worship Team lead singer) Stefani Burkholder was hosting a "31 Party." I always like to support a new Momtrepreneur, so decided to host a party at my house.

It wasn't until my living room was filled with some of my most favorite people (some from work, from church, from high school, playgroups...) that I realized how much I have been missing spending quality time with these quality women. I looked around and my eyes teared up a bit. I am very blessed, and these relationships are important. Not to mention, the products were adorable, the party was super fun, and I could see that Stefani considered this work a ministry. And it is. Named after Proverbs 31, I loved that it is a faith-based company meant to encourage, celebrate, and reward hard-working women.

I called her the next night and told her I was considering becoming a consultant. I started crying describing my current struggle with work-life balance, and she encouraged me to take some time to pray about it and discuss with Jeff whether I could handle "one more thing" on my plate. Well, since then, I have felt not only a peace, but a real excitement about the possibilities this could afford if I truly apply myself.

It's funny... I have always viewed direct-selling opportunities as a chance to earn a few bucks but always imagined it would be more trouble than it would be worth. I have also felt like it might be a "waste" of sorts of my education and skills. This time, I realized that it is my education and skills that just might make this work. So, I look forward to using my networking, marketing, sales, and recruiting skills in business for myself. Maybe just maybe in 2 or 3 years, this could become my sole income!

So, to put my own twist on it, I am branding my business as "31 by MBG" and the start-up fee was just $99.00!

First goal: Get the website up and running. Check!

Second goal: Facebook site! Check!



Fourth goal: Sell $1000 in products in the first 60 days. Then I earn another big pack of great products for display.

Fifth goal: Lose 31 pounds. (Okay not really. But, seeing as how I AM 31, and I SELL 31, this would definitely complete the lucky number trifecta.)

Thanks for your prayers over this new venture. I appreciate your support and continued encouragement. I promise I will NOT use this blog as a way to advertise products and sales.



I will save that for the Facebook page and website.

However, I will use this blog to record how it's going, my successes and struggles, and of course all the funny "That would only happen to Melissa" stories along the way.

Thanks for being along for the ride!

post signature

No comments: