Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween photo overload!

When going through my Halloween pictures, I cannot BELIEVE how many we took. Holy moly. But it takes that many to get one of the little guy facing the camera! So, in lieu of a Halloween album, here is a long string of pictures to capture the Fall fun.

First stop...
The pumpkin patch with Mom and Jeffry!


G.I. Jack (5 years) and Davis-o-lantern (15 months). I still can't believe these boys are ours.


Between choosing the perfect pumpkin and keeping Davis safe, in sight, and in hat, it definitely took all three of us to manage the situation. "Who me?," he says...


What a difference a year makes.

Second stop: Wal-Mart!

Actually, I accidentally forgot to pack a change of clothes in the diaper bag so he had to wear his costume into the store. I did not, however, forget to pack my digital camera. Imagine that.



Third stop: Playdate with our new friend Caitlyn (6 months)... at Evan's house!



Davis was thrilled to take his picture while the blue-eyed little Love Bug sat there like a lady. Evan had his costume on for 2.2 seconds so we had to wait to snap pics a few days later.

Fourth stop: Carving the Jack-o-lantern with Daddy!



Jack, big shocker, did not want to get his hands dirty, so he took a spectator role as I scooped and Daddy carved this flaming Jack-o-lantern face. Yes, Julie, we "cheated" and used a stencil from the aforementioned WalMart trip.



Fifth stop: Alli Jean and TJ's house for a photos on Halloween morning!



Although this is is what most of the pictures looked like, we actually managed to get a precious shot with Spiderman (TJ, 3) and Daphne from Scooby Doo (Alli Jean, 4).



Gotta love Alli's orange wig and TJ's blonde curls sticking out from under his Spidey mask. Alli calls Davis "Davers" and it's so sweet.

Sixth Stop: Annual trip to Daddy's work on Halloween afternoon.



For some reason, Jack got nervous when we pulled into the parking lot and suddenly didn't want to wear his costume inside. I totally know the feeling. I felt the same way before I rang the doorbell at Darin and Marilyn's Halloween party dressed as a school teacher in a sparkly Christmas vest with wooden apple button covers on my khaki skirt.

Seventh and FINAL stop: Trick-or-treating!!



We met up with Dino-Evan (2) at 6:00pm to Trick-or-Treat. I explained to Jack that he would receive candy to which he is allergic, but that we would separate it all out later. I told him to just be polite and reminded him that this is about the fun... not about the candy. At the very first house I heard him say, "Actually, I can't eat that kinda candy." With a tiny bit of further explanation ("Don't worry, Mommy will eat anything with peanuts.") we were back on the road.



Davis got out of the stroller every once in a while to enjoy the action.



One of the most creative homeowners set up a driveway bowling alley where kiddos got one piece of candy for every pin they knocked down. It was definitely a crowd favorite.

By about 8:45 pm, we were in for the night.



It was a lot of fun, but as I do every year on November 1st, I felt a huge relief that it's over.

Now we can focus on Thanksgiving and boy do we have a lot to be thankful... er, um ... a lot for which to be thankful.

(I just couldn't end a sentence with a preposition, let alone an entire blog post.)


post signature

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I loved all the pics, especially the trick or treating ones.

ren said...

The teacher costume and Ali's wig cracks me up! And the whole preposition thing. I'm gonna hire you out to teach my boys language arts, lol!

Leeanne B said...

A preposition is a terrible thing with which to end a sentence! You are the kind of blogger of whom we can all be proud.