Sunday, April 26, 2009

Davis' favorite summer jammies

While digging through yet another Rubbermaid full of clothes from the garage, I was so excited to discover Davis is big enough to fit into my absolute favorite pajamas Jack used to wear at this age. They have little bulldozers and cement mixers on them and they are incredibly soft.

When I showed them to Jeff it was obvious that they summoned fond memories for him as well. I quickly threw them in the washer and as soon as they were dry I grabbed the jammies, the baby, and the camera.





Yeah... so... putting them on him wasn't QUITE as sweet and nostalgic as we had envisioned. As I have blogged before, this baby HAAAaaaaaaaates when shirts are pulled over his head.


Oh well, a few minutes later he realized just how cute he really was and we were able to stare at him and cover him with kisses, remembering Jack Everett in those same "Construction Zone" jammies.

Today I began the search for pics of Jack wearing them. I know I have them... in some tote somewhere... on 35mm film negative I'm sure... sigh...

post signature

3 comments:

Melody said...

I found some pics of Jeff at Davis' age last night and I will show them to you tonight. He looks a lot like his daddy did! Such a cutie! Can't wait to see my favorite in-town nephews.

SA Photo Girl said...

Melissa,
For those 35mm pictures, stand them up and take a picture of them with your digital camera. You may want to get one of those little table top tripods and put the picture in front of the camera. If you need too, lean the picture up against something, or put tape on the back and stick it up to something (a regular tabletop picture frame works well). Set all this up near a good light source, turn off your flash and shoot. That way you will have your favorite pictures of Jack digitally as well. I hope to see those jammies on Jack soon on your blog. :)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
Davis is absolutly angelic. Bryce and him (and Jack of course) are the most beautiful little boys ever. I would love to meet him.
always,
Elizabeth