Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Breaking News!!

Well, I guess it's time to put the big news on the blog.

We're having a BABY!

God is good, and another prayer has been answered in His timing. I am 13 1/2 weeks along, and Jack's little brother or sister is due on or around his birthday, August 2nd. (He is hoping for a monster truck but is in for a surprise.)

I am feeling well - thankful for every symptom and grateful for every pain. There have been a few nervous moments and anxious sonograms, but overall the pregnancy is right on track and we are looking forward to what God has in store for our family.

We plan to find out if we are having a boy or a girl, and can tell for sure in about 4 more weeks. We know it can be done, but we still have a hard time imagining leaving the house with two children in tow!

Jeff and I have gone through the usual emotions, "Can we possibly love another child as much as we love Jack Everett? Can we afford two children? Will this baby be allergic to everything too? Will I ever fit into my skinny jeans again?" Okay, so maybe that last one is just me.

The overall emotion is amazement at what a woman's body can do, awe at the trust God has in us to place another little life in our care, and excitement for what the next months will bring.

Feel free to share the news; We have reached the point where we feel comfortable taking a deep breath and enjoying the ride!

We thank you all in advance for your prayers, support, and hand-me-downs.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

To Melissa, Jeff and Jack,
Congratulations on the upcoming blessed event. Yes, you will absolutely love this new baby just as much - it's amazing how that is the way it works. Now one thing you might find different is that you won't keep the new baby's Baby Book up as well nor take as many pictures (unless you are better than I was :>)
Positive thoughts to all of you,
Judy Shaw

Anonymous said...

Dear Melissa,
Congrats to all of you!! I know it has been a long journey to get where you are now. God does, as you know, answer prayers. Babies are such a blessing. I am so very happy for you all. Jack will be much more happy with a new baby than that truck...lol. He is such a cutie.
Hope everything continues to go well.
Keeping you in my prayers, Molly

Anonymous said...

COBNGRATS Griff!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful and I am happy to report that you can love the second and third (even more I am sure) as much as the first!!! They are all special in their own way and you will learn to love each one in a special way. I will keep you in my prayers as you enjoy this time in your life and I am holding out for the Monster truck for Jack! Shelly Murray

cristina said...

YAY! congratulations!
keep us posted with news. :)

Anonymous said...

yay! congrats!

Julie said...

I know it is hard to imagine, but just as some of the other blog readers have assured you, you will love this one just as much as you love Jack. Somehow your heart just expands and makes more room for that next precious child.
I can not however answer any of those other questions- we'll just have to wait and see (especially the one about those skinny jeans).
I am praying for you and that little growing peanut who is now the size of a lime! Wow!
Get over here and scan some of those sono pics, so we can get this baby on the blog!

Anonymous said...

YEEEAAAAA! Congrats Mama! That is Wonderful News, and it couldn't happen to a more blessed family. What a lucky baby! It will be so exciting to watch lil Jack become a BIG Brother. Keep the Good News Coming! =)

Melissa's mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa's mom said...

I already love the new baby as much as I love Jack...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Keep me posted!

Danny said...

P.S.

Jean had baby #2 last week!

ren said...

I've had 2 weeks to be a mom of two now, and I'm amazed at how my heart can love them both so much. And how much Samuel already loves his baby brother so much too! I have been praying for you and glad the news is out! Blessings on your whole family.