Friday, October 26, 2007

Jack Everett's First School Picture

I have really enjoyed Jack being at Grace Point. They have such a great a curriculum, and he is learning so much. I loved it when he came home and told me all about "Cuh-wum-bus Day." He told us all about "Cwister" Columbus and the "Neena, the Peenta, and the Santa Muh-wee-ah."

Anyway, another thing I loved about preschool was his first Picture Day! The morning of the pictures, I arranged ahead of time to come in late to work. I know myself well enough, and my boss Robbi is, well, the best. I made Jack take a bath that morning, and he was all excited about his new clothes. He wanted to wear his new (pressed, white) shirt in the car, so when I told him he couldn't wear it until we got there, I sensed a battle beginning to brew.

I immediately went to "If you just get in the car, you can have a lollipop!" Yes, I did. Jack, sensing that I was frenzied, quickly bargained, "TWO lollipops?" I said, contemplating that much sugar at 7:45 am when he had not even had breakfast, "Sure." So, both of us satisfied, we got into the car.

He is so pleased with himself.

Jack eats his "breakfast of champions" as we leave for school, crisp white shirt nicely hung.

This is how we look when we arrive at school. Just think... If it weren't for Mommy's forethought and intuition, that yellow lollipop would be resting on a stained, wrinkled, sweaty white shirt. Mama knows.

We stop for some pics on our way into the church. What a pose!

He insisted, "I want one touching the tree," so I clicked this shot.

I said, "Okay, Jack, you can touch the tree, but look at Mommy." This is the result. He did his best not to look at the tree. I love this picture.

Of course, my favorite one turns out blurry. Still so handsome.

Again, I was the only parent there with my camera all sentimental, but the staff is SO used to it by now. I walked him into his classroom and turned him loose, hoping he'd keep the shirt unstained and crisp, hair neat and nose clean until picture time.

----------

And, the final product....

Jack Everett Griffin
3 years

2 comments:

ren said...

Great final product! He looks so much like you. I love the one of him touching the tree. I'm waiting for the dry skin on Sammy's face to heal before we take our 2 year old pic! (Which could take a year given our dry weather).

Anonymous said...

How can I get one of these handsome photos?