Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jiggety Jig.

I am at home again full-time. I can hardly believe it. It feels like I just have a few days of vacation time, and I am quite sure if he could articulate it, Davers would be asking when the heck this little vacation will be over. It's been Baby Boot Camp for three days as I am trying to re-train some habits that aren't "BAD" per se... but habits that are okay in daycare, but not okay at home. Let's just say that when I catch him trying to get into the pantry he reflexively grabs his hiny in anticipation of the "sad spoon." I knew it wouldn't be an easy transition, but see things getting better every single day.

While I am on the look-out for a part-time HR role after the New Year, I am hoping that the Thirty-One continues to work out as well as it has so far. I have sold just under $4000 worth of products in my first month! From what I can tell, that's an awesome start, and I feel very blessed to have started during the holiday shopping season. I really enjoy the parties, and Jeff's been a real trooper about stepping in on Daddy Duty when I have a party.

I was all excited to meet Jack and Mrs. B in the parent pick-up area on Monday and Tuesday, but today, on Day Three, he rode the bus home. I just can't bear waking up Tazmanian Devil to go get Jack when he can be delivered to my front step while Bubba is sleeping. I enjoyed the extra time today to help him with his homework in peace.

Speaking of his homework, his teacher has been typing up special homework for him to keep him challenged. Last week's spelling words for the class were: "up, fun, us, but, cut, run, sun, bus, and rug." So she sent home Jack's special list, which included "harvesting crops, religious freedom, national holiday, long journey, The Mayflower, November, Pilgrims, and Thanksgiving." He got a 100! He amazes us every day.

This week's words are "extraordinary, spectacular, outstanding, wonderful, awesome, incredible, and courageous." Well, we always start with a pre-test to see how he does, and he only missed one:

"CRAGES"

Gosh, I love this kid. Had to laugh.

post signature

2 comments:

Steph said...

I know how you feel- I am always on Cloud 9 for a long time after I stop working! I felt that way this summer after I worked last year. It definitely helps you to appreciate all of the little things you are able to do with your kids.
I am impressed with the special list of spelling words for Jack. So did you have to request that they challenge him more or did they just do it? Seriously, many adults have trouble with some of those words!
Congrats on your first successful month with Thirty-One, too!

Tom H said...

What can I say that hasn't been said. Just give 'em both a big ol' hug for me.