Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Halls!


It's time to decorate for Christmas (well, a bit past time) and I remind myself that it is worth the trouble. Worth the time. The kids will celebrate what we celebrate and by oversimplifying Christmas we might be sending them the message that it is NOT as big a deal as it is. SO the goal tomorrow is to clean the living room enough to pull out the tree and start decorating when Daddy gets home from work.

Then Tuesday, I am headed to Bjorn's to do a public service. I am helping the husbands and boyfriends find something special for their wives from Thirty-one. With guaranteed Christmas delivery and $5 giftwrapping, there will be no excuses. This is an effort to complete my goal of 12 parties in my first 90 days and I'm almost there! My first check was awesome - almost enough to cover the mortgage payment! Sweet!

I am also taking a part-time position at the church as the Volunteer Coordinator for the Children's Ministry. This will start after the New Year and will include 20 hours of work, and will provide Davis 2 days in the Kids Day Out program from 9am to 2pm. Looking forward to that, but enjoying the days leading to Christmas, happy (beyond happy) to be home with my boys.

I am missing the blog, but enjoying the time away from the computer. I read back over my blog so often, though, and am so thankful that I captured the memories included here. I go back and forth with the motivation for blogging, and struggle every once in a while with finding a balance with it all... but want to find my way back here. After Christmas perhaps?

Let's concentrate on getting the tree up first...

post signature

No comments: