Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jack Everett's funny streak...

Jack says funny things all the time, but lately some extra silly things have come out of that gappy grin. I posted some of these on Facebook as they happened, but wanted to chronicle them here (since Blogger will be around FOREVER, heh.)

After making the "Monster truck engine roar" sound for about ten solid minutes, I ask Jack, "Honey, doesn't that hurt your throat??". He stops just long enough to say, "Yes, but it's totally worth it!" and races down the hallway...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack: "But I don't LIKE pineapples."
Me: "Honey, you need to eat more fruit. You used to eat tons of fruit."
J: "I eat Fritos! Fritos is Spanish for fruit!"
M: "Nice try, buddy."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I surprised Jack with a box of chocolate milk when I picked him up from his first day at the new daycare. Later that evening, we had this funny conversation:
Jack: "Mom, that was the best shake I have EVER had! Please bring me one of those kind of shakes every single day!"
Me: "Shake?! Do you mean the chocolate milk I brought you from work?"
J: "Yeah, the "Shake Well."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After being asleep for quite some time, Jack comes stumbling into the living room with squinty eyes, and is TOTALLY sweaty. He holds up a toy motorcycle, and says to us - dead serious - "Mom. Dad. HOW can I be SO sweaty?! All I have on is this SHORT-sleeve pajama shirt, these SHORT shorts, and the only thing I am holding is this ONE light-weight object!"

Jeff and I cracked up.

What 5-year-old says "light-weight object" ... half-asleep no less... and what's he doing holding a motorcycle in bed anyway?

Man, I LOVE this kid.

post signature

1 comment:

Ann said...

Shake Well...too funny.