Monday, April 19, 2010

Picture this.

Today's photo shoot went really well. We are compiling photo essays (maybe 10-12 photos each) showing "A Day in the Life of..." different hard-to-fill positions. It's an exciting project, but takes me away from my desk quite a bit each day. This was the 4th of 6 photo shoots, and #5 is tomorrow. So far, we've been using other employees to pose as patients and I even found myself laying on the table in the Special Procedures room posing as a spinal chord injury patient waiting for surgery.

Tomorrow's photo shoot is at the Children's Hospital Emergency Room. For that, we need a kiddo to pose as a patient, and who better to grace the pages of the JoinMEthodist.com website? That's right... I am taking Jack Everett out of school to pose as our pint-sized patient. I called his teacher and made sure he wouldn't miss anything, and was lucky that Emily is willing to pick him up and bring him to my office at 10:30 tomorrow.

I don't know about anyone else, but there is something so special about seeing my kids at my workplace. I'm not sure just what it is, but it brings me such joy to show them where Mommy works and to show my coworkers why I do this day in and day out. They already love Jack Everett, thanks to his visits and the personalized artwork he created for each of them.

Tomorrow's visit could be different. It really could go either way. He could be compliant and totally work with me to pose for the pictures pretending to be treated by the RN we're highlighting... OR... he could get really embarrassed and hide behind my leg and say he doesn't want to do it. He is very easily embarrassed and does NOT like people bringing a lot of attention to him. (Just like his Mom.) With my bosses and coworkers and a photographer, in the ER, at the hospital... this really does have the makings of a fiasco... or a big success.

I can't worry too much about it. Whatever will be, will be. All I know is, either way, I am totally looking forward to going to work tomorrow and that is a truly refreshing feeling.

Want to see pics from our day? I'll post them tomorrow for my Facebook fans, including you, Emily... my newest fan. That'll teach you to leave your laptop unlocked...

post signature

No comments: